This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
Used microcurrent devices
So far, there are no statements to this device to describe the mode of action. The Regucell touch works via a touch-screen display, which in all likelihood is a capacitive display. The application could be similar to that of the Clinic-Master professionals because the manufacturer of the two devices is identical. The Rehucell touch works with 4 channels, but on the website of the alleged sales of this device, no information What can I pay attention to if I want to buy a used microcurrent device?
You want to buy a microcurrent device for your practice? Considering the investment, you consider buying a used microcurrent device?
Then you should consider the information in this article for your decision, because buying a used microcurrent device is not the same as buying a used smartphone. If you want to treat with microcurrent, then you work with a medical device in which various laws, standards and regulations apply even if you have bought the device on Ebay or with a colleague.
So that you do not pay more than you buy a medical device from an authorized dealer or directly from the manufacturer, you might want to think about our “roadmap for buying a used microcurrent device”.
Who buys cheap, often buys twice!
Need for a microcurrent device
You have learned through various channels that the micro-current therapy can sometimes have great success, especially in the treatment of chronic pain patients and this can fit very well in your practice portfolio.
It is important that no matter which medical device you purchase, you are clear about what you want and how you can use and apply this technique or therapy in your practice.
Employees involved in the decision
The search is certainly one of the key points when buying a used microcurrent device. It is important to note that the “golden way” does not exist here. Let’s take a closer look at a few options with the respective PROS and CONS:
- Probably the biggest marketplace for everything that can be bought and sold. There are some so-called buyers of medical technology from e.g. Practice resolutions, etc. These buyers are usually not companies that are specialized in the field of microcurrent and simply resell the devices without checking them or even giving a competent answer if questioned. Many sellers on Ebay write that it is a so-called private auction or the device is sold as defective. As a reputable therapist or physician, you should remember that there is the MPBetreibV, which specifies exactly what you need to be aware of when using medical devices in your practice. (In the further course of this article I will go even further into the legal and legal basis for the use of used medical technology.
Purchase from a colleague
- One in our better way than Ebay is the purchase of a colleague. But even here you are not completely around the legal basics, but have a contact person who can give you a competent statement about the microcurrent device.
Strategy for your decisio
How do you come to a decision for your microcurrent device? What are the criteria that such a device should fulfill for you? No idea? Then the following points may help you:
Made in China
- A microcurrent device should not have its origin in China. I do not want to offend the Chinese manufacturer, however, especially in medical technology (a microcurrent device is always medical) are very specific and very fragile requirements that must be kept up to date by the manufacturer. I am not sure if a Chinese manufacturer is adapting to a microcurrent device on the German or European market.
- CE mark but not CE certified. Be sure to pay attention to these statements. Because CE-certified sounds a bit like “fraud” or at least bad ignorance of the provider! There is no CE certification in Europe but a CE mark. This must also have a microcurrent device with a small addition, namely the indication of the “Notified Body” which has checked the manufacturer’s conformity assessment procedure. It is a 4-digit number.
- The device should have a current safety check (STK). For medical devices, it is necessary according to MPBetreibV that the manufacturer sets deadlines for regular safety checks. If you now buy a used device, you should always make sure that this control is current! It is secondary that the device has a stamp, but let you at any “price” the last test report sent by the seller.
- If you want, the medical device book is comparable to a mixture of service booklet and vehicle registration document from the car. You can also see the importance of this document. Because every microcurrent device should have such a medical device book and if you buy such a device used, make sure that this device is also included! Among other things, the medical device book contains proof that you have been trained by a person authorized by the manufacturer on the microcurrent device! This proof is legally required according to MPBetreibV. So you must have had training from a medical device consultant before using the device. This is usually not the seller even if it is a colleague! So you have to contact the manufacturer. The medical device book is e.g. a document which is gladly checked by supervisory authorities! As a rule, the STK test records are also pending in the book.
The question of the right manufacturer is also a key question. It should be noted on the one hand, that the manufacturer has reported the microcurrent device at the DIMDI, because without this message, the use of the device is not permitted.
Is there any study from this manufacturer and this procedure of micro current therapy or is the manufacturer even advancing any American titles? This is quite interesting as far as the European approval of a microcurrent device of Annex X of the 93/42 / EEC is required, which prescribes a clinical evaluation or a clinical study for the purpose of the microcurrent device. Unfortunately, there is also the erroneous opinion among German manufacturers that if a microcurrent device has been on the market for many years, it does not have to do this. Because where no plaintiff there is no judge, right? I just say: Negligent!
Note that if you trust a windy manufacturer and get into the focus of the authorities (which, moreover, can go very quickly by simply reporting to the farm), then you will not be helped if the device is taken off the market by the authorities and you certainly not get a penny compensation.
The certification can actually be written under the chapter “manufacturer”, but due to the importance of this topic I dedicate a separate chapter to it.
An advance with certification is not meant the misleading claim “CE certification”. It concerns the official certification of an accredited body like the TÜV, DEKRA, etc. These issue a certificate that a manufacturer produces according to the DIN EN ISO 9001 or the EN ISO 13485 or at best according to both standards and the company leads.
What do you have with your used microcurrent device? Simply obtaining such a certification will cost a company at least 12 months of work, skilled workers with business management know-how, quality management, development and constant maintenance of all of them. Further, this does not happen under a high five- to six-figure euro amount. At least that gives you the certainty that:
- This company knows what it does
- This company knows and implements the current norms and laws
- This company is able to provide expertise
- This company has introduced processes for long-term quality assurance.
You see, putting the list on a certified company is very long and enlightening.
Let’s come to the last part and for the most part probably the most important part, the price. Of course, such a microcurrent device can be affordable, and you, the serious therapist and doctor, focus on the well-being and safety of your patients. Developing and maintaining a micro-current therapy procedure proven by German studies costs a lot of money, but reputable and future-oriented manufacturers are willing to accept this financial risk to provide the safest and most effective treatment system for users and patients alike.
“Stinginess is not always cool!”